The First Tour
The premise of implementing the “First Tour” is to bridge the gap between the life skills experience and competitive junior golf in a fun, beginner friendly environment. The running theme of the First Tour will be tournament readiness, and should prove valuable for both the participant and parent as they learn the etiquette and rules of the game along with playing for a score and just what all goes into preparing to play tournament golf.
The First Tour is an excellent way to engage FT-GD participants from all corners of the Greater Dallas area as well as highlight our great affiliate golf courses as the tour will rotate venues monthly. This should allow our kids to get comfortable meeting and playing with new people as well as building a golf game that travels.
Events will be played in either 2-person teams or individual stroke play based on current level in First Tee program and individual formats in some cases for advanced level participants.
The season will run annually from March to November with several First Tour events offered including a championship tournament in November.
Players will receive points based on participation in First Tee programs, special events, other opportunities and finishes in each event that will compile for Player of the Year awards at the season ending First Tour Championship in November.
Players will compete in divisions based on their age, gender, and skill level. Below is a chart with a simple break down of the tournament structure.
The suggested playing window for the First Tour is entry once a participant is active in the program and phased out by certifying to ACE/ACE+. The age range is from 7 to 18 years old.
First Tour Membership Pre-Requisites
- Active in Open Enrollment within the calendar year
- Must be between 7 - 18 years old
- Players and their guardian(s) must attend a rules and information clinic with the tournament director, either in person or online.
- NOT in the ACE or ACE+ program. (ACE & ACE+ participants are at the highest level within first tee and are required to meet certain requirements. They are therefore ineligible to participate in tournament play. At their level and with their knowledge of the game they are expected to volunteer for events.)
- There is a $100 Membership fee that grants access to all First Tour series events for one calendar year. It includes a FTGD hat, polo, USGA rules book and First Tour rules book.
- A $15 fee for each tournament will be required.
**scholarships are available with proven need, similar to registration documentation**
A preview tournament will be offered in the beginning of the year for participants to get an understanding of first tour and see if they would like to pursue competitive golf. If someone is unsure about the next step in junior golf this is the perfect opportunity to test it out!
It will be structured the same way that all first tour series events will be throughout the year.
You do NOT need the $100 first tour membership to play in this tournament.
you WILL need to attend an hour long rules and information clinic. There will be several of these offered in person and online.
How To Register for First Tour:
- Participant and their guardian(s) MUST complete an online or in person rules and information clinic before being able to complete registration for yearly membership.
- Once completed, a link will be sent to you to finish official registration and payment.
- Once your membership is paid for, you will receive monthly e-mails to register for tournaments.
Questions? Contact the tournament director Taylor Le [email protected]